South Australian Government investing in mineral exploration, data and innovative technology
About the initiative
The Accelerated Discovery Initiative (ADI) aims to make a major contribution to achieving the South Australian Growth Agenda target through supporting the potential discovery of new mineral and groundwater resources, while delivering a number of other economic and social benefits including:
- data to support development of regional and rural communities
- Aboriginal training and employment opportunities, and
- the development and application of innovative exploration technologies.
A total of $10 million over 3 years is available for approved co-funding exploration activities:
- Single and multiple drilling programs in frontier terrains
- Collaborative innovation and technologies to generate new exploration ideas
- Logistical support in remote greenfield areas
- Encouraging Aboriginal employment during exploration
- Identification and testing of new groundwater resources
- Geophysical programs to test new concepts
The first round of funding will commence in the first quarter of 2020. Biannual co-funding rounds are proposed, but this may be subject to change by Government depending on demand and assessment of ADI program performance.
Expressions of interest
Expressions of interest must be submitted through the online Accelerated Discovery Initiative portal using the following templates:
Round 1 expressions of interest have now closed.