Developing the strategy
Consultation directions paper
The directions paper outlined six focus areas for consideration and was made available for comment on the South Australian Government's YourSay website.
Copper strategy summit
6 May 2016
Hosted by Hon Tom Koutsantonis MP, Minister for Mineral Resources and Energy, to discuss with industry and research institutions the challenges, opportunities and actions needed to raise South Australia's total copper production.
Theme 2: Developing innovation and infrastructure services and research
International Copper Technology and Research hub
Presentations: International Copper Technology and Research Hub briefing, 23 August 2016 (PDF 2.4 MB) - includes:
- Introduction: Charles Moore, Director, Resources and Strategy, Department of State Development
- Context for the Hub: Dr Paul Heithersay, Deputy Chief Executive, Department of State Development
- Industry perspective for the Hub, Terry Burgess, President, South Australian Chamber of Mines and Energy (SACOME)
- The concept report, Dr Christopher Goodes
- South Australia's copper development roadmap, Dr Christopher Goodes
- Next steps: Charles Moore, Director, Resources and Strategy, Department of State Development