Services and extensive collections of geoscience publications available to the minerals and petroleum industries, researchers, other libraries and the community
On this page
Latest South Australian geoscience publications
Keep up to date with the latest geoscience information
As a service to industry and library users, the Geoscience Library provides monthly ‘Table of Contents’ email alerts to the latest published information from key geoscience journals sourced from GeoScienceWorld and selected journal publishers.
For more information, or if you would like to receive this monthly alert service, email the Geoscience Library email@example.com
The Geoscience Library provides literature searches and access to electronic resources and publications through a variety of databases and reference tools.
- Searches on various commodities such as copper, gold, uranium, iron ore, etc.
- Historical literature searches for information published in early records and reports.
Geoscience Library Catalogue
- Published geoscientific books, journals, and electronic material can be requested online through the South Australian Resources Information Gateway (SARIG).
- Search the Geoscience Library catalogue
Publications and reports database (Resources and Energy)
- Contains references to digital departmental publications, unpublished company exploration reports, plans, photos and published articles on geoscience in South Australia.
- Items can be viewed or requested online through the South Australian Resources Information Gateway (SARIG)
- Provides online access to a wide range of international and geoscientific information available from over 46 key, peer-reviewed journals.
- Access to Table of Contents and Abstracts (where available) is free of charge.
- Full text of articles can be purchased directly online.
- Established by the American Geosciences Institute in 1966, GeoRef is the most comprehensive bibliographic database in the geosciences and contains over 3.8 million references to geoscience journal articles, books, maps, conference papers, reports and theses published around the world.
- Hosted by the National Library of Australia, Trove contains references to publications held in Australian libraries as well as Australian online books, images, historic newspapers, maps, archived websites and more.
- Contains reference material to all published material held in Australian libraries.
- Items from the Geoscience Library collection may be borrowed from other libraries on inter-library loan.
State, National and International Library Catalogues
- Links to other Australian and international library catalogues worldwide (provided courtesy of The University of Adelaide Library).
An inter-library loan and document delivery service is available for material held in the Geoscience Library collection, including unpublished company and departmental reports.
Requests are accepted via email, phone or via the Libraries Australia Document Delivery system.
The South Australian Government’s Department for Energy and Mining Geoscience Library (formerly the South Australian Department of Mines and Energy Library) was established in 1948 from an informal collection held by the Geological Survey of South Australia.
It holds the largest collection of published and unpublished material on South Australian geology in Australia, and holds a particularly strong national and international collection of Geological Survey publications from around Australia, and countries overseas.
The collection contains electronic resources, books, journals and theses on various geoscientific topics including geology, mining, petroleum and energy, environmental science, groundwater, biostratigraphy and paleontology. It also contains rare and valuable books and early departmental publications and reports dating back to the 1880s.
We welcome inquiries from industry, academic institutions, other libraries and the general public.
For more information, contact:
9:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday
Department for Energy and Mining
Level 4, 11 Waymouth Street
Adelaide, South Australia 5000
Department for Energy and Mining
GPO Box 320
Adelaide, South Australia 5001
Within Australia: 08 8429 2551
International: +61 8 8429 2551