In the spotlight
Discovery Day presentation videos.
Catch up or refresh! If you didn’t make the 2018 Geological Survey of South Australia (GSSA) Discovery Day you can now watch the presentations on the department’s YouTube channel. The day showcased the latest innovative work of the GSSA staff and key collaborators, delivering new insights and opportunities for mineral exploration and discovery in South Australia.
The range of geoscience talks delivered encompassed:
- an overview of the new MinEx CRC
- results of drilling for groundwater in northern South Australia as part of a collaboration with SA Water
- outcomes of the Gawler Craton Airborne Survey and new work in the central Gawler Craton that has utilised the new aeromagnetic imagery
- emerging technologies for non-destructive analysis of geological materials including use of HyLogger instrumentation by GSSA and new technologies by CSIRO
- broad-scale lithospheric architecture and mantle composition across South Australia and their relationship to mineral systems
- new results from two Australian Research Council (ARC) Linkage programs.
– Anthony Reid, April 2019