SA Geodata is the Government of South Australia's primary geoscientific data repository capturing mineral exploration data derived by industry reporting requirements and government exploration programs since the 1850s
1. Map Menu – Spatial Search
Click on the Spatial Search icon from the map menu toolbar - bottom left of screen.
From the datasource drop down box select Mines and deposits. Draw an area on the SARIG map.
Your search result will appear in the bottom right corner of your screen, with an option to download to a CSV (Excel) file.
Click on Main Menu icon, select Mines and Deposits from the list displayed.
Select either the Advanced Search, Quick Search, Spatial Search or Activate Map Layers option.
- Advanced Search – displays the MINDEP search form. This tool searches the entire MINDEP database.
- Quick Search – displays a search form with searching criteria (deposit number, deposit name, commodities and deposit type). This tool searches the entire MINDEP database.
- Spatial Search – select Mines and deposits from the search drop down box and draw an area on the SARIG map. This will provide an Advanced Search or View Results option to access the MINDEP database for additional data downloads.
- Activate Map Layers, when selected will display all the mines and mineral deposits map layer on the SARIG map
The Advanced search options contain drop down boxes or auto fill capabilities (i.e. listing filters as you type).
Note: The Mines and Mineral Deposits map layer does need not need to be turned on to access the Mines and Deposit database
For more information, contact:
Phone: +61 8 8429 2586
Adelaide, South Australia 5000
GPO Box 320
Adelaide SA 5001
9.00 am to 5.00 pm
Australian Central (Adelaide) Time
Phone: +61 8 8463 3000