|Resource||Copper (Cu), Gold (Au) concentrate|
Prominent Hill is a fly-in, fly-out operation employing approximately 1,400 employees and contractors.
The Malu Underground is the third mining front to be developed at Prominent Hill with first production achieved in early October 2014. Underground access to the Malu Underground area was achieved via an extension to the main Ankata underground decline in early 2013.
Mining of the underground mining areas is via a technique called sub-level open stoping.
|Location||Approximately 650 km north-northwest of Adelaide, about halfway between Roxby Downs and Coober Pedy; 130 km north west of Olympic Dam and 130 km south east of Coober Pedy.|
The Prominent Hill operation comprise a number of tenements, including the Mining Lease (ML 6288), Miscellaneous Purpose Licences (MPL 81, 82, 83,84, 91, 93, 94 96, 97, 101, 112-117 and 119-122) and Extractive Mineral Leases (EML 6234, 6236-6242, 6278-6296, 6299)
Download map showing Prominent Hill tenements via the South Australian Resources Information Geoserver (SARIG).
|Resource estimates and production estimates|
Company released resource estimates and production statistics for South Australia's major operating and approved mines are summarised in South Australia's major operating/approved mines: resources estimates and production statistics (PDF, updated regularly).
The 2009 revised MARP included environmental and social impacts associated with construction, operation and closure of Ankata (Prominent Hill underground mine).
|Documents and reports|
Program for environment protection and rehabilitation (PEPR)
Mining Compliance Report
- Prominent Hill Compliance Report 2012
- Prominent Hill Mining and Rehabilitation Compliance Report 2011
- Prominent Hill Mining and Rehabilitation Compliance Report 2010
- Prominent Hill Mining and Rehabilitation Compliance Report 2009
- Prominent Hill Mining and Rehabilitation Compliance Report 2008
- Prominent Hill Mining and Rehabilitation Report 2006-2007
- Map showing the new alignments of the borefield compared with the original previously circulated
- Prominent Hill: Operations Wellfields Miscellaneous Purposes Licence (MPL) – Executive Summary and Main Report
- Prominent Hill: Operations Wellfields Miscellaneous Purposes Licence (MPL) – Appendices
- Water Licence 183346 Annual Compliance Report
- Water Licence 183346 Monitoring Plan
- Water Licence 41028 Monitoring Plan
- Prominent Hill Mine Groundwater Model Update PH5
- Electricity Transmission Line MARP addendum MPL 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 87, 102 and 103
- Electricity Transmission Line – Revised Southern Section
For more information, contact:
Phone: +61 8 8463 3000
Phone: + 61 8 8463 3484