South Australian Minerals and Petroleum Expert Group (SAMPEG)
The key message the group promotes is that South Australia's resource potential is under-explored, and that the state government is willing to back investors in the resources sector in a tangible and substantial way, including subsidised drilling and freely available pre-competitive data.The South Australian Minerals and Petroleum Expert Group was appointed in 2004 under Theme 8 of the initial PACE initiative with the aim of addressing outdated investor perceptions of poor prospectivity within the South Australian resource sector.
SAMPEG members also help address issues surrounding the poor perception of mining held by the wider community by informing them of the improving performance of this sector in environmental management, good governance and engaging with local and indigenous communities.
SAMPEG members are high-profile national and international leaders well respected in the resources industry.
- SAMPEG members will strive to attract new explorers to South Australia, thereby helping to accelerate investment in the resources sector.
- SAMPEG members will identify companies to be strategically targeted for meetings.
- Key promotional events will be organised where SAMPEG members can undertake promotional activities to further attract investment.
- SAMPEG members will advise the Minister for Mineral Resources Development in activities that support the increased investment and exploration in the state's resources sector.
- SAMPEG members aim to achieve third party endorsement of the credentials of the PACE initiative and South Australia's mineral prospectivity.
- SAMPEG members will support explorers in South Australia by publicising their successes to the wider investment community.
For more information, contact:
Phone: +61 8 8463 3012